Irish round towers irish cloigtheach singular cloigthithe plural literally bell house are early medieval stone towers of a type found mainly in ireland . The round towers of ireland 18 40 meters in height built in the 8 to 12 centuries and generally found in the vicinity of churches and monasteries were used as bell . The ancient round towers that dot the irish landscape were erected by irish christian monks and can also be found in areas where they served like the two that stand . Why were irish round towers so tall and what were they used for find out about the history and images of the round towers of ireland. Discover many of the theories about the history of irish round towers plus where to find the best examples of these mysterious structures
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.